Following the principles of the Inquiry Based Learning integrated in the Learning Methodology, the WaterSTEAM partners have developed modules for implementing phase 3 of the project methodology (the steps of IBL cycle in an integrated STEAM approach). The topics cover different aspects of landscapes, proposing investigations on a variety of topics (geography, hydrology, geology, biology, social sciences, cultural aspects etc.) that can be adapted to local landscapes.
The proposed modules can be downloaded and implemented with the class. They are available in English, Greek, Italian and Hungarian.
1. Orientation in a field trip or in the classroom regarding definitions of “landscape”, “landscape protection/management/ planning”, “landscape policy”, and learning activities on how we perceive landscape, what are the elements that make up a landscape, the E.L.C. Link to the PDF in English
2. Conceptualization on aspects of landscape that deserve investigation. Link to the PDF in English
3. Investigation (e.g. field trip/laboratory experience) and data analysis. For this step we propose 9 modules that can be chosen depending on the local landscape and interests that teachers and students agreed to investigate. The modules can serve as examples that can be adapted to local contexts.
- Integration of Water Landscapes in the Urban Space. Link to the PDF in English
- Sea snots and finding possible solutions. Link to the PDF in English
- Landscape as a cultural value. Link to the PDF in English
- The geology of water landscapes. Link to the PDF in English
- Climate change. It’s Time for Action!. Link to the PDF in English
- Landscape and Climate Change. Link to the PDF in English
- The archaeological sedimentation of human settlements and landscape. Link to the PDF in English
- Effects of water management on shaping the landscape. Link to the PDF in English
- Nature conservation and landscape protection. Link to the PDF in English
4. Conclusions. This module guides teachers and students to gather their conclusions from the investigations in an integrated STEAM approach. Link to the PDF in English
5.Discussion. This module guides teachers and students to find present their results and Link to the PDF in English
Learning Modules in Greek Learning Modules in Italian